In 2006, IFFluminense, then Cefet Campos, and the City Hall of Quissamã entered into a partnership, implanting the Quissamã Advanced Nucleus, whose classes in the Vocational Training Course in Electrotechnology were taught at a Municipal School. Parallel to this process, the City Hall of Quissamã began a project to build a headquarters to house the unit of the institute in the town.
In the first half of 2007, the second class of the Vocational Training Course in Electrotechnology began. In the first half of 2008, the third group of the Electrotechnology Course began and, in March 2010, the first group of the Vocational Training Course in Labor Safety and another group of Electrotechnology were started.
The Federal Government turned Quissamã Advanced Nucleus into Advanced Campus on February 1, 2010 and later it was transformed into a campus, which guaranteed the unit more administrative and financial autonomy to expand its activities in the town.
In that same year, on June 11, during the commemoration week of the city's 21st anniversary, the City Hall of Quissamã officially delivered IFFluminense the building constructed to house the unit.
The structure, with more than two thousand square meters built, has capacity for 1200 students and has eight classrooms, different laboratories, a library, as well as administrative and leisure areas.